JUNE 12, 2017
uHoo Brings an Innovative Solution for Indoor Air Quality
uHoo sensor solution is a great effort to save the health and money of people.
MAY 10, 2016
uHoo edges out other air quality monitors with extra sensors
It can detect carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, ozone, volatile organic compounds, dust and more.
MAY 10, 2016
Breathe Cleaner Air Indoors, Thanks to uHoo
When most of us talk about air quality, we’re thinking about the air outside. As it turns out, though, inside our homes the threat can be even greater than outside. uHoo is an indoor air quality detector that claims to be able to analyze, monitor, and send real-time alerts for a wide range of dangerous substances.
MAY 10, 2016
Uhoo unveils smart air-quality sensor for the home
Singapore-based Uhoo is raising funding to build its device, which has eight dedicated sensors. Using a mobile app, you’ll be able to gauge the quality of the air in your home, including levels of toxins and allergens that make your home air hazardous.
- How will this benefit me?
- Knowing the quality of air you breathe helps you make better decisions on the products you use and your habits so you can live a healthier life. Conditions like asthma, hay fever and allergies are triggered by allergens and toxins that are present in the air that you breathe. With uHoo, you would know what is in the air you breathe.
- What’s the main difference between uHoo and competing products?
- Other air detectors on the market tend to focus on only a select few air quality indicators. uHoo’s technology is the most advanced, with eight dedicated sensors built in to an aesthetically beautiful product that is around the size of a soda can. uHoo detects more chemicals, particles and toxins than any other air detector.
- What comes in the box?
- The package for both versions include the uHoo device, a micro-USB cable, a power adapter and the free smartphone app that you can download on the Apple Store or Play Store.
- How can I track my health?
- Sufferers of asthma and allergies can take it a step further by using the Health Diary. You can record information about how you are feeling at any given time and how it may correspond to the air quality of the room you’re in. You can also set up personalized alerts so you stay ahead of the curve.
- Your data is safely stored in our cloud servers and we do not use your data for marketing or other purposes. Your privacy is important to us, so we respect your wish to keep it private or you can choose to share it and with whom.
- How portable is uHoo and can I travel with it?
- uHoo is small and lightweight, making it easy to carry with you wherever you go. It weighs only 265 grams and is only 6.5 inches tall and 3.4 inches in diameter.
- How easy is it to read the information?
- The alerts and messages are written in simple everyday language so it would be easy for you to understand. Each sensor is also color coded based on what it detects. Green is good, yellow is still alright, while red is unhealthy. You have the option to view each data point in more detail.
- Will this system be able to monitor the whole house, or would I need to purchase multiple sensors for a two-level home?
- How air flows inside your home is dependent on its design. Doors, walls and partitions restrict the flow of air, thus the air in one room will be different from another if the doors are constantly kept closed. The air on one floor in your home would probably be different from another level. It is best to place uHoo in the area of your home where most people spend their time in because that’s what matters.
- Can it prepare reports to be given to my doctor or allergist?
- You would be able to show your doctor or allergist your indoor air quality information as well as your Health Diary. These are designed to be easily readable and referenced at any time.
- How much is shipping?
- Shipping rates vary depending on your country.
- Do I have to pay VAT / GST?
- Yes, depending on your location, you may have to pay VAT/GST.
- What types of sensors does uHoo have?
- With eight dedicated sensors, uHoo is the most comprehensive air quality sensor in the market. uHoo has sensors for Temperature, Humidity, Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs), PM 2.5 (Dust), Air Pressure, Carbon Monoxide, Carbon Dioxide and Ozone.
- Does it have a filter to clean the air?
- uHoo does not filter the air, but provides you with the data you need to make the changes that matter. When you receive an alert about the air quality, the uHoo app will also automatically provide recommendations on what you can do at that moment for better air quality. The data that uHoo provides enables you to make healthy changes.
- Does uHoo have a battery?
- uHoo does not have a battery. It just needs to be plugged into a power outlet, laptop, computer or power bank.
- Will it alert me to precisely what is wrong with the air quality, not just that it's bad?
- Yes, uHoo will tell you exactly which type of air quality parameter is unhealthy.
- Can uHoo check for smoke too?
- Yes, uHoo can check for smoke too.
- How many people can be notified at a time?
- You can set uHoo to notify as many people as you want. Your family members can also download the uHoo app and add the device(s) you have at home into their uHoo account. You can set this within the uHoo app for every device that you have.
- Does it have options to graph air quality over a period time for comparison?
- Yes, you would be able to see charts on how your indoor air quality changes over time. You can view it by hour, by day, by week or by month.
- What kind of maintenance does uHoo require?
- uHoo doesn’t need any maintenance. All you need to do is wipe it with a cloth or feather duster when you clean your home or office.
- Where can I buy it?
- Right here, right now!
- Do you have a setup guide?
- Yes, you can view the setup guide here
- What happens if my uHoo breaks or stops working (warranty)?
- uHoo has a one year limited warranty.
- Can I get a refund?
- We do not issue refunds.
- If I have other questions, who should I contact?
- Please contact email@example.com with any other questions you may have.